Development Process & Procedures
Partnering with UNLV's Online Education team in the development of a fully online or hybrid course is straightforward. Generally, the course development of a new course should begin one term prior to the anticipated delivery to students.
- In online and hybrid education, planning is imperative. Because the course development process requires about 16 weeks, faculty subject matter experts are encouraged to meet with their OE team early in the process. Review the timelines recommended for developing a new or existing online or hybrid course.
- Complete the online Course Development Approval Form, click submit it and print the document for signatures. You will need a UNLV ACE (iLeave) account to submit a form. If you do not know your login, you will need to contact OIT to obtain your ACE (iLeave) login information.
- Send the signed form to Online Education (Mail Stop #1038).
- Upon approval, an email will be sent to you, providing additional information about your the Online Education team.
- As the faculty subject matter expert, you collaborate with an assigned OE Team. Your OE team has the technical skills, knowledge of best practices in ePedagogies/eAndragogies, visuospatial (graphical) design, and multimedia design to assist and support your online/hybrid course design.
- Your OE Team will provide you with a course checklist which must be completed and signed before any distribution of incentives to Colleges/Schools. Incentives are distributed to the Colleges and Schools after the term in which the course is developed.