To help you to be successful in your online classes, it's important that your computer meets the technical requirements listed below, and that you know how to use WebCampus.
Please take a few moments now to prepare yourself and your computer for your UNLV online course:
- Internet browser: WebCampus supports various browsers including Safari, Firefox, Mozilla and others. Click on the Check Browser button in WebCampus to test your browser.
- Browser plug ins: Listed below are plug ins you may need for your browser. Not all versions are supported by UNLV. A list of the software that is supported is available on the OIT Software & Applications page.
Your course syllabus should include specific software requirements. Contact your instructor if you have questions.
- Explore your course: Read the course syllabus, announcements, due dates, materials required, and find your instructor contact information. Familiarize yourself with the course objectives, and explore the layout of the class. Practice navigating around WebCampus and using tools.
There are services and assistance available to you:
- WebCampus help and assistance with user names and passwords
- Rebelmail accounts
- UNLV wireless accounts
- Discount computer purchases
- General technical assistance
Other help resources include:
- Walk-in help is available on campus in the Student Union, room 231
- By phone at (702) 895-0761
Successful online learning requires self-motivation. How well you do is up to you!
Below are some useful links and tips about WebCampus, UNLV online resources and other useful web sites.
Learn about WebCampus
Learn what courses are available online: Online Education
Student support: Student Academic Success
Copyright: UNLV Copyright Information
Library Services for Online Education Students
Using the library remotely (off campus): Library Registration
Library inquiries: Ask a Librarian
Purchasing textbooks: UNLV Bookstore
Suggested rules of online conduct: Netiquette by Virginia Shea
Support for students for whom English is a Second Language